Jump to user comments
- take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
- Get working as soon as the sun rises!
- The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia
- He began early in the day
- Let's get down to work now
- put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
- lower someone's spirits; make downhearted
- The bad state of her child's health demoralizes her
- pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking
- Swallow the raw fish--it won't kill you!
- move something or somebody to a lower position
- take down the vase from the shelf
- lower (one's body) as by kneeling