Search in: Word
Vietnamese keyboard: Off
Virtual keyboard: Show
Computing (FOLDOC) dictionary
chiclet keyboard
Jump to user comments
hardware A keyboard with a small, flat rectangular or
lozenge-shaped rubber or plastic keys that look like pieces of
chewing gum. (Chiclets is the brand name of a variety of
chewing gum that does in fact resemble the keys of chiclet
keyboards). Used especially to describe the original IBMPCjr keyboard. Vendors unanimously liked these because they
were cheap, and a lot of early portable and laptopcomputers were launched with them. Customers rejected the
idea with almost equal unanimity, and chiclets are not often
seen on anything larger than a digital watch any more.