Search in: Word
Vietnamese keyboard: Off
Virtual keyboard: Show
Computing (FOLDOC) dictionary
Jump to user comments
1. hardware A type of computer peripheral connector so named
because one side is shorter (with one less pin) than the other
giving a (squarish) "D" shape. The connectors have two rows
of pins (or holes). Common types are 25-way (13+12 pins) and
9-way (5+4 pins). They are often used for serial lines,
especially EIA-232.